This blog is dedicated to WOMEN...all about their experiences..their health, their sexual problems, their role as a wife, a mother, a daughter. Sometimes this would include travels made by the author and other medically related posts that is related to being a woman.

The author is a woman and she is loving every minute of it.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Alcohol on your Sanitary Napkin?

I am surprised to hear practices in the clinic. When patient came in for vaginal itchiness I usually ask what they do to relieve it and surprisingly a handful still practices putting rubbing alcohol in the sanitary napkin during menstruation. Some put it in pantyliners and some directly rubs it in their vagina.

In as much as alcohol acts as a disinfectant with a cooling property, it should NEVER be used in the vagina for several reasons:

1. Alcohol are made to disinfect the skin and remember the vagina is partly skin and partly mucosa.
2. It may have a cooling effect that would temporarily relieve you of itchiness but itchiness would come back once you only treat the symptoms and not the cause.
3. Alcohols are flammable so just imagine how harmful it is to the natural flora of your vagina. It would kill even the good bacteria that thrives in there that helps you fight infection.
4. Alcohol will cause vaginal dryness. You wouldn't want your partner complain.

Remember if you have vaginal itching consult your doctor because you might have vaginal infection and treating the symptoms rather than the cause is not a good practice.


5 comments:

  1. I always putting rubbing alcohol to my napkin during my menstration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am pela, thanks to Dr Osaze who cured me of fallopian tube blockage and fibroid with his herbal tuber cleanser. My marriage was on the verge of collapsing, because I was unable to bear a child for my husband. Until I came across Dr osaze's recommendation on line, and I contacted him. And he administered his herbs on me. I now have a child I can call my own. In case you want to contact him for a similar problem, or all other issues, you can reach him through his email:
    drosaze39@gmail.com or call him on +2347089275769

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you have gum disease it can often be treated with antibiotics placed under the gums. New mouth rinses can be prescribed to keep bacteria in check but if you need gum surgery we now have new surgical procedures which preserve much of your gums instead of simply removing the bad parts of your gums. whataburger diabetic friendly menu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natural herbs have cured so many illnesses that drugs and injections can't cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were cured of Herpes, HPV, Diabetics , Hepatitis, Stomach bug , Chronic pains Fibro pains. etc. by herbal natural medicine, so I decided to contact the doctor because I know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with Hsv for the past years but Dr Chike cured me with his natural herbs. Believe it or not. I am a living testimony. There is no harm trying natural herbs. Contact Dr on Whats-App . +233502715551. text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982 , or you can also contact through his Facebook Page @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.

    ReplyDelete

FavorAffair.com (The Shops at 24Seven)

Popular Posts