This blog is dedicated to WOMEN...all about their experiences..their health, their sexual problems, their role as a wife, a mother, a daughter. Sometimes this would include travels made by the author and other medically related posts that is related to being a woman.

The author is a woman and she is loving every minute of it.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

On Mother's Day....my own " Mother's Day"

TODAY is Mother's Day all around the world....so I decided to delay my "CIAO ITALIA" travelogue to post this....

Being a sentimental mother you would somehow expect to wake up with a surprise just like what you see in the movies...husband cooking a special breakfast..a bouquet of flower, chocolates and love notes on the table or maybe a breakfast in bed. Cards from your children or just being extra nice to mommy during this day.

If all mothers would have the same expectations everytime during mother's day, all would wake up to dissappointment. I would rather wake up to reality...to the usual day than expect something special when people seem to be too nice in just one day just because it's " MOTHER'S DAY" then suddenly reverts back to normal the following day.

So what is mother's day celebration really all about?

in my readings..mother's day was proclaimed official on May 8, 1914 by President Woodrow Wilson through the efforts of Anna Jarvis who fought for recognition of mothers and that one day be devoted to them.

So it is in essence thanking your mother for taking care of you and for proper upbringing. This should be initiated by the ones who are being thankful. Admit it that days before mother's day, being a mother you expect your children to celebrate that day with you and you expect your husband to greet you as a sign of gratitude for rearing his children. Only a hypocrite would say she did not expect something different on this day.

I on the other hand expected something different. Since I have known my husband for 13 years and realized that he is not that kind of person who is literally "romantic"(..the last time I received a bouquet of white roses from him was April 27, 1998) I never expected flowers on this day. And because when he was courting me he only have written less than 10 love letters, why would I expect a love note on this day?. And chocolates? impossible because I have lots of Swiss Chocolates in the fridge from my recent travel in Florence. How about a special breakfast? well the maid has instruction already last night to cook hash browns and "longganisa".

So what do I really expect? just a day to spend quality time with my family....no hot heads or raising of voices...but it seems even expecting a little is very hard to achieve...

I woke up 11am...breakfast cooked already by our maid....hubby started to being hot headed again because the maid did not follow instructions and never remembers everything...and I being a cool person who happens to care less about household stuffs than my husband would never stress myself on little things like that.. I told him to cool down a little.

Then here is my daughter crying because daddy scolded him for answering back. I told my baby that daddy is not in the mood because of "yaya" and her answering back which daddy misinterpreted as a sign of disrespect and aggravated the situation even more. Daughter kissed me and greeted me Happy Mother's Day. Now we are in 3 separate corners of the room not talking to each other and facing our own computers.. they said when there is a storm sometimes better to let it pass than brave it. I still have 11 hours to celebrate mother's day but my question is "Should I really be celebrating it just like the people all around the world?". For me, unless people I love would make it really special there is nothing really special on this day.

We as mothers know our role in the family and from the very beginning we have given unconditional love to our husbands and children.We have learned not to expect anything in return. We have mastered the word forgiveness and sacrifice. We have practice self control and have struggled to make home a stress free environment..

So to mother's out there who has not received any special treatment or did not receive gifts never feel bad about it. People(our loved ones) differ, they differ in the way they express themselves..don't expect them to change just to make you happy for one day. Never envy other people and moms for that matter. What is important is you are together as a family and it is all that matters. Would you rather trade places with a mother who received a special greeting and gift from a husband who is miles and miles away working? I'm sure you won't.

So this is my "Mother's Day" to exercise my role in pacifying people around the house just to keep everything balanced..

Today is no extraordinary day...but I am happy being with my family even if we have our own indifferences.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FavorAffair.com (The Shops at 24Seven)

Popular Posts