This blog is dedicated to WOMEN...all about their experiences..their health, their sexual problems, their role as a wife, a mother, a daughter. Sometimes this would include travels made by the author and other medically related posts that is related to being a woman.

The author is a woman and she is loving every minute of it.

Monday, September 19, 2011

If your daughter writes this good...would you not be so proud?

The feeling is happier than passing the Medical Board Exams, even greater than being accepted in a job or be trained overseas. The moment I read her works it gave me a different kind of feeling. It is both exhilarating and elating. It cannot be explained.

I still remember the most memorable Ms. Universe Pageant. It was in 1994 held here in Manila and produced the first Indian Miss Universe Winner- Ms. Sushmita Sen. I cannot forget the pageant because of the common question asked to the top 5 finalists-"What is the Essence of Being a Woman?the following are the answers of the top 3 winners:

Miss Venezuela, Minorka Mercado: "The essence that god gave us, which is to love, because we have to give love to everyone in the universe, especially our children, and that is what we do as mothers."

Miss India, Sushmita Sen: "I think being a woman, by itself, the very fact that you're a woman, is a gift of god which we all must appreciate. The origin of a child is a mother, and is a woman, and a woman is one who shares love and who shares and shows a man what love, caring and sharing is all about. Thank you."

Miss Colombia, Carolina Gomez: "The essence of being a woman is not only femininity, but the fact of wanting to live a life, and not only that, but learning out of it, and wanting very much to let your children enjoy you as a woman, and as a mother."


The final question flooded the news immediately after the pageant. I myself find it hard to answer that question as I was only 22 and I cannot totally relate to the feeling of being a mother all I know is how to be a daughter and a friend.
Now I realized, that the essence of being a woman aside from being a part of your husband ( like Eve to Adam) is to bear a child (like the Blessed Virgin to Jesus Christ). 

There's a different feeling when you give birth you feel complete but there is more to it than that....

It's the feeling of happiness when your child first say mama/dada.
.... the feeling of excitement when your child first put his first foot forward
It's the feeling of worry when your child got sick
.... the feeling of nervousness on your child's first day of school  
It's the feeling of fear on your child's first field trip without you as chaperone
.... and the feeling of uncertainty of what lies ahead for them..

It's a mixture of emotions that I cannot definitely put into a single word. 

Today, my daughter handed me a piece of paper which contains an essay she wrote for her 1st trimestral Language requirement ( It is a one-paragraph essay explaining any of the 4 components of the English Language and why you choose that component) . She got 95%. It was not surprising but what has taken me aback is the essay itself and I want to share it with you...

"For the past years, I have been a wandering soul looking for the right track and I shall say I have found it. I have found the skill that I wanted to nourish. Choosing has never been easy for me nor for anyone else. People say that I am a "Jack of all trades" and I do not deny it. I do excel in reading,speaking, listening and writing but when asked to choose which I like best I choose(chose) writing. I like writing because I learn a lot from it. It gives me a new hobby that makes me excel in both mental and social challenges. Writing gives me a chance in the world of fantasy and imagination. It shares my thoughts to my readers by means of pen and paper. Writing best expresses my self(myself). Since then I have devoted my self(myself) in writing and writing novels has become a past time for me. Now, knowing that I am on the right track I do not have fears anymore. I have learned that one must not fear when faced with choices for fear always springs from ignorance. Write and let your imagination fly!"

**the ones in bold letters are teacher's notes on her mistakes...

Would you believe a 12 y/o wrote this? I never wrote this good when I was 12. I cannot explain how I felt.
It's the feeling of being proud when your child achieved something.
If you have a daughter who writes this good..why would you not be so proud?

This blogpost is exclusive for Women's Health and Wellness written by a woman and a very proud mom.
Picture courtesy of controlyourdestiny.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

FavorAffair.com (The Shops at 24Seven)

Popular Posts