This blog is dedicated to WOMEN...all about their experiences..their health, their sexual problems, their role as a wife, a mother, a daughter. Sometimes this would include travels made by the author and other medically related posts that is related to being a woman.

The author is a woman and she is loving every minute of it.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Would you change your religious beliefs to marry someone with an opposite view?

Familiar lines? Yes! it's Ms. Philippines' Question in the recently concluded Miss Universe pageant. Since her answer received praises from people from all walks of life together with a hard feeling of why she was not chosen as Ms. Universe 2011. I decided to deviate from my usual medical blog to go with the flow.


First, I would like to congratulate Ms. Philippines for beating 85 candidates all over the world and that is already an honor. Ms. Philippines 2011 and I live in the same City and we attended the same IELTS Review Center- 9.0 NINER. I have nothing against her, so whatever I have written here in my blog is not intended to degrade her or hurt her followers.


Her answer to the question: “If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person I love is God, who created me. I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God, too.” was very good and in fact an IDEAL answer for a person who lives in the Philippines with strong religious background. However, I believe that even if it is ideal it is NOT realistic.



Let me give you some example: Being a Catholic we were raised that families should stay together . It is ideal that there is a father and a mother figure and that parents should be together for the sake of the children no matter what ...THAT's IDEAL but is it true in reality? maybe a greater portion of the female population decided to stick with their husband even if he is a habitual drinker, a drug addict or a womanizer and worst a sadomasochist . But some men leave their families for  other reasons and most commonly another woman and the wives were left to take care of the children..broken families THIS is REALITY.


In IELTS Review we were thought by our instructors to get out of the box..and to think and analyze..How many persons would you think would answer the same answers you have in mind if it is more than 70% then it is better to choose the other way besides in an open-ended question there is no right and wrong answer and being different from the greater percentage of the population will already make you stand out, as long as you can very well defend your answer.


Ms. Philippines' answer in my opinion is bias and dominating, she doesn't want to change her religious beliefs for the one she loves but she said at the end of her sentence" if he really loves me he should love my God" so its ok with her that the other person change his religious beliefs for her yet she herself doesnt want to compromise. Contradicting isn't it?


I once joined a beauty pageant in my university called Ms. College of Arts and Science and I was only  first runner-up. It was really hard to think when you are up the stage in front of many people. I can only say these things because I am alone and in front of an inanimate object. But if given the chance to answer the question, my answer would be:


"If someone who loves me wanted me to change my religious beliefs before I marry him, I would. Because I believe no matter on what part of the Earth we live or whatever color of skin we have, we only have one God, there may be different images that we worship but I am sure that the God he praises is the same God I am praising.Changing religious beliefs doesn't mean giving up my faith in God its about compromising and being in communion with the person you love in worshipping God."


Again of course, I am not in a pageant that's why I can think clearly. To Ms. Philippines and her followers please don't hate me for posting this because this is my belief and I am entitled to it:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment

FavorAffair.com (The Shops at 24Seven)

Popular Posts