This blog is dedicated to WOMEN...all about their experiences..their health, their sexual problems, their role as a wife, a mother, a daughter. Sometimes this would include travels made by the author and other medically related posts that is related to being a woman.

The author is a woman and she is loving every minute of it.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The TSUNAMI CATWALK- My Two Cent's worth

After the most debated upon Question and Answer portion in the Miss Universe 2011 pageant, came Oprah Winfrey's controversial comment then here comes the Tsunami Catwalk everyone is talking about.

Tsunami walk is an elegant way of gaiting with unique swaying of the hips that results to distinctive poise bearing and attitude. Ms.Supsup admitted that the term does not originated from her but from her Colombian trainor in one of her interviews on Philippine television. News said that it is Shamcey Supsup's "Signature walk" Signature means trademark that only one person has done or can do or that the person was the first to do it. I was intrigued so I searched YOUTUBE for videos of her most famous walk. So here it is a compilation of her walk.




Upon watching it I realized it was not new and for me it was just an over exaggerated catwalk. While it is right to say that Ms. Philippines 2011 can do it gracefully it is not proper to say it is her signature. To prove my point, I searched for other beauty queens who walked the runway and since the walk originated from a Colombian trainor I started with the most controversial Candidate, the one dubbed as the "Pantyless Miss Universe"- Ms. Catalina Robayo- Miss Colombia 2011. Look how she walks in her local pageant:

Miss Colombia also walks that way too and I'm sure some other candidates also. I can mention many others and the list will go on and on. They are just but not being noticed since they aren't crowd favorites.

My conclusion: The tsunami walk isn't new after all. It's an old catwalk baptized with a new name. Tsunami could be a timely and appropriate name with what's happening in our planet right now and since tsunamis creates waves of mass destruction those swaying of hips could create mind blowing waves too.

Just a warning: 
Even though the Tsunami walk looks good in the runway don't ever attempt it in the streets or in the mall it will look awkward.

So what's the connection of this walk in women's health? A woman is an epitome of beauty and  I believe that Ms. Philippines is a good example to all the women out there. Beauty, Brains and anything in between. One realization I had but actually not ideal ia that people searched the internet for the latest news in fashion more than the latest news in health. I admit talking about Ms. Philippines gave my site a heavy traffic. I don't earn in blogging. I just love doing it. I will just go with the flow for a while and hope that the people who visit this site notices my post on HEALTH. After all Health and Fashion makes a women beautiful inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FavorAffair.com (The Shops at 24Seven)

Popular Posts